Re: [XBoard-devel] WINBOARD

From: h . g . muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] WINBOARD
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:51:26 +0200

Op Do, 12 april, 2012 4:42 pm schreef address@hidden:
> Hi
> How do I please setboard your Winboard with a string in standard form.
>

> "setboard rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/6P1/8/PPPPPP1P/RNBQKBNR b KQkq g3 0 1";

'setboard' is a command that is understood by engines, not by WinBoard. To
enter a position in WinBoard, you just paste the FEN itself in it:

"rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/6P1/8/PPPPPP1P/RNBQKBNR b KQkq g3 0 1"

either via the clipboard and the 'Paste from Clipboard' menu item (or its
shortcut Ctrl+V), or by selecting EditPosition mode, and typing the string
in the move type-in box.