Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 readiness

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 readiness
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:33:23 +0200

Op 4/12/2016 om 3:20 PM schreef Adrian Petrescu:

  • Adding if(dlgNr == BoardWindow) DelayedDrag(); to the end of GenericPopUp() (in gtk/xoptions.c) still makes the board small, but it does result in the following prints as soon as xboard is launched:
        resize: new 958x1043 @ (960,18) old -1x1043 @ (960,18)
        resize: new 958x1043 @ (960,18) old -1x1043 @ (960,18)
        resize: new 958x1043 @ (960,18) old 958x1043 @ (960,18)
I just noticed something: At the beginning of ReSize there is a declaration "static int first=1".
This suppresses any square resizing on the first call to Resize(). What happens when you change that into first=0 ?
That would be a third explanation for why ReSize did not do anything, even though the above output shows it was called.
I must admit that I do not understand why resizing then did not occur on the second call, which still has new and old width different.
But in fact I do not really understand how there could be a second call to DragProc where the old width (from wpMain) was -1.
Because in DragProg there is a statemet wpMain = wpNew, which should have copied the 958 in wpNew over the -1 in wpMain.
So it should not be possible that DragProg is called a second time with wpMain.width == -1. Unless it was called recursively,
between printing the above line and the wpMain = wpNew, but the busy=1 construction is supposed to make that impossible.

But anyway, trying the first=0 seems worth the attempt, in combination with the above extra call to DeleyedDrag().

H.G.