Re: [XForms] fl_set_font_name() and segmentation fault error [SOLVED]

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] fl_set_font_name() and segmentation fault error [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:02:38 +0100

Hi Max,

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 09:14:24AM +0100, Max wrote:

> just for the records: I have solved this morning the problem by installing
> adobe and lucida fonts (75 and 100 dpi). I had not them before as I did not
> need them (only ddd showed some X warnings concerning missing fonts). The
> clue was given by another program (totalview) which refuses to start with
> the message "No font to start up with.". It was quite clear then what I had
> to do :)

Excellent, that's a good starting point for debuuging! So I guess all
I have to try to reproduce the bug is to specify a font I don't have
with fl_set_font_name(). If that's the case it shouldn't be too dif-
ficult to find what's going wrong;-)

> I do not know how you consider this incidence, but I would tag it as a bug,
> as the library is not able to cope with missing fonts (do not worry, even
> more expensive programs failed to start w/o any useful message). If need an
> help to test a possible solution, drop me an email, I will be glad to give
> my contribution.

Of course, that's a bug that need to be fixed - a library should
never, ever crash in such situations;-) Thanks for all the help
so far, I will let you know when I found the bug or, if necessary,
ask for some extra help!
                              Best regards, Jens