Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.93pre4

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.93pre4
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 18:27:02 +0200

Hi Serge,

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 11:53:37AM -0400, Serge Bromow wrote:
> The only thing that stands out is a missing "FL_FIX_SIZE" in forms.h
> used in fl_show_form().
> It was in;
> typedef enum
> {
>    FL_PLACE_FREE = 0,          /* size remain resizable      */
>    FL_PLACE_MOUSE = 1,         /* mouse centered on form     */
>    FL_PLACE_CENTER = 2,        /* center of the screen       */
>    FL_PLACE_POSITION = 4,      /* specific size              */
>    FL_PLACE_SIZE = 8,          /* specific size              */
>    FL_PLACE_GEOMETRY = 16,     /* specific position          */
>    FL_PLACE_ASPECT = 32,       /* keep aspect ratio          */
>    FL_PLACE_FULLSCREEN = 64,   /* scale to fit screen        */
>    FL_PLACE_HOTSPOT = 128,     /* so mouse fall on (x,y)     */
>    FL_PLACE_ICONIC = 256,
>    /* modifier */
>    FL_FREE_SIZE = (1 << 14),
>    FL_FIX_SIZE = (1 << 15)
> }
> FL_PLACE;

Thank you! I removed it because it was never used anywhere, even
when going back to the 1.0 release, and it was never documented
as far as I'm aware. Thus I threw it out in my attempt to clean
things up a bit. Are you really using it (and what for if I may
ask)? I can easily but it back but I would prefer to understand
why in order to put in a comment that explains why we keep some-
thing not obviously useful as a reminder to myself and for main-
tainers coming after me.

As an aside, the whole thing with these flags doesn't look too
well-designed to me (I always get a bit confused what the things
mean), but it's probably too late for doing anything about it.

                              Best regards, Jens