Re: [XForms] fl_xyplot_s2w bug resurfaces?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [XForms] fl_xyplot_s2w bug resurfaces?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:57:18 -0500

On 11/30/2010 06:06 PM, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
Hi Marcus,

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 08:34:38PM -0500, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
I'm using Xforms-1.0.92 on Fedora 14, and I'm finding that:

fl_xyplot_s2w()

Has an offset in the returned values -- that is they don't
correspond to the actual data position -- I'm using fl_xyplot_s2w()
inside
   a "post" handler for an XYplot to display a "oneliner" showing the
data coordinates, but they're incorrect -- they seem to have
   an offset.   I saw this bug discussed back in 1997, but my
recollection is that it had been fixed.
I don't remember that but found the discussion here:

http://xforms-toolkit.org/old-archive/1997/1156.html

But that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore - at least for
the xyplotall demo discussed there things seem to work cor-
rectly as far as I can see - the "onliner" popup seems to
display both the correct coordinates relative to the window
as well as the data coordinates relative to the xyplot the
mouse was clicked over.

Since I haven't done any changes to the fl_xyplot_s2w() function
at all (except a bit of reformating), the logic of that function
is rather straightforward and looks not immediately unsound, and
since it seems to work correctly with whe xyplotall demo program
I may need a bit more of input to be able to figure out where
things are going wrong. Is there a chance that you can me send
your program or some example program that exhibits that behaviour?
Or do you see this effect also with the xyplotall demo program?

                              Best regards, Jens
Hmm.  I'll see if I can reproduce it with the xyplotall program.

My program has 3 different XYplots in it.  Two of them exhibit
  coordinate "weirdness" and one of them doesn't.  That may be a clue,
  but I'll perhaps see what the xyplotall program does first.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator