Re: [XForms] Dennis Ritchie is dead

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [XForms] Dennis Ritchie is dead
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:50:42 -0400

On 10/13/2011 09:33 PM, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:

| Maybe by the time of the C0X standard, things will be pinned
| down well enough that it will become possible actually to
| write a TCP/IP stack, or conceivably an entire operating
| system in C. One might even imagine that it runs on several
| different machine architectures.  A hope for the new milennium.
|
|       Dennis

While never having met him that makes it obvious to me that
he must have been a very unassuming person with an admirable
sense of humour.
                            Best regards, Jens
Oh, that's just hilarious. In 1999, a larger fraction of the IT/Software world would have known who
  he was, and why that comment was hilarious.  Thanks for that!

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator