Re: [XForms] radio buttons problem

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] radio buttons problem
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:05:18 +0100

Hi Michal,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 04:11:04PM +0100, Michal Szymanski wrote:
> After rebuilding my old app with the new version of XForms I found it
> working weirdly. The problem is related to the radio buttons behavior.
>
> I have a group of radio buttons to make type-identification of variable
> stars which light curves are displayed in another panel of the app's
> window. The problem arises when I go to another star which does not have
> any identification yet. The application unsets all the radio buttons (sets
> them to zero) or, in a try-to-fix attempt, only that one which was "set"
> for the previous object (did not fix anything). In the old version, build
> with libforms.so.1 (not sure now which version of XForms in terms of 0.XX
> it was), this works just fine. With new library, it gets screwed, leading
> to multiple buttons set (yes, multiple radio buttons set!)
>
> I remember some discussions regarding whether to allow all radio buttons
> being unset and I have thought that it was decided to actually allow
> that. Indeed, when the application starts, all buttons are unset. But,
> apparently, once any of them gets set, there is no way to unset all.

I also remember that and thought it already was fixed. And to
test it I wrote a short program with a few radio buttons and
another one to reset them all and it seems to work exactly as
you want it to - i.e. you can reset all radio buttons in a
group. So the question is which version of the library are
you using? I, of course, tested with the latest development
version...
                             Best regards, Jens