Re: [XForms] Single and double-click

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Single and double-click
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 00:56:43 +0100

Dear Sian,

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 08:36:17PM +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
> I have a form which currently responds to single clicks of the mouse.
> Unfortunately, it appears to be reacting to more than a single click
> even though a single click is all that happens.

Different types of objects may react rather differently to mouse
clicks (a form by itself doesn't do anything at all), so you need
to tell which specific type of object this is about.

> I should like to stop the from from reacting to single clicks for
> three browsers on the form, and restrict it to double-clicks only.
> Is there any way of doing this?

Three (FL_SELECT_BROWSER, FL_HOLD_BROWSER and FL_MULTI_BROWSER)
of the four browser types react to single mouse clicks with the
left mouse button, none of them to double clicks per default. If
you don't want a reaction to single but only double clicks I guess
that using a FL_NORMAL_BROWSER (which doesn't react to single
clicks) and installing a callback for double clicks, using the
fl_set_browser_dblclick_callback() function, should do the trick.
At least that's how it should work according to my current un-
derstanding of the documentation and the code but I did not do
any tests yet. Just don't expect any visual reactions to double
clicks you didn't program in yourself. If you want e.g. a line
to be highlighted in some way on a double click you will have
to take care of that yourself (since it's imposible to forsee
what people expect to happen on a double click into a browser).

                          Best regards, Jens