Re: [XForms] please help me to install Xforms

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] please help me to install Xforms
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:28:31 +0200

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 01:48:26AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> /usr/bin/install: cannot remove `/usr/local/include/forms.h': Permission
> denied
>
> You probably already have xforms installed. And you probably tried to do all
> of this as user rather than root (idiotic ubuntu does not like you to
> anything as root, so you have to do
> sudo
> in fron of EVERY command. eg
> sudo make

'make' (without the 'install' bit) (as well as 'configure')
should run quite fine without sudo if the source tree is
somewhere in the users home directory (or some other place
the user has write permisions for like e.g. /tmp).

> sudo make install

That's were it's definitely needed when the installation
is to be done into e.g. /ur/local (which is the default),
i.e. anywhere where the user doesn't have write permissions
for.
                          Best regards, Jens