Re: [XForms] Help with XForms

From: Sunny
Subject: Re: [XForms] Help with XForms
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 19:08:18 +0530

Hi,

Following our previous discussion, I was able to customise the library
to my liking (thanks for the help).

To continue from where we left off - i.e., compatibility issues with
applications linking to an older version of the library. I'm not sure
if there is a way around this, but I have a concept which I think
could work for future versions of the library.

I am considering adding a pointer called *extra to the end of
FL_OBJECT struct, which will be allocated at run-time by the library.

The general idea is that the contents of *extra can differ drastically
from one library version to another - and should not affect the size
of FL_OBJECT (since the contents will be allocated at _runtime_).
Hopefully it is simple enough to be implemented?
Of course, the structure that *extra points to will not be exposed to
the user directly.

Currently, I am planning on packing the following fields into extra:

int64_t           version_number; /* to check which fields are available */
/* Each bit in ${version_number} can refer to every new field that is
added or is available */

FL_COLOR    label_mouse_over_colour;  /* If mouse hovers over object */
FL_COLOR    label_mouse_click_colour;
FL_COLOR    on_mouse_over_colour;          /* If mouse hovers over object */
FL_COLOR    on_mouse_click_colour;

We could add a couple more depending on what we want to do.

Do you think this will work, or perhaps there are some flaws in this concept?

Regards,
Sunny