Re: [XForms] Bug Fix - fonts.c

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Bug Fix - fonts.c
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 00:24:46 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 03:05:41AM +0530, Sunny wrote:
> I just re-compiled and tested your modified fonts.c with Basic.h. It's good.

Thanks, so I guess it's good enough for going into the develop-
ment release and soon into the next "real" release;-)

> Yeah, I agree that re-writing core parts of the library could take a
> some time, and there are not enough users/interest. I don't see XForms
> attracting a lot of people either, unless something like wayland
> support is added - which could be interesting as it's new and shiny.

Won't Wayland have a "compatibility" layer that allows to
run classic X programs? And if one would attempt to base it
also on Wayland (no idea what that would require, though)
one probably would still need to have X support, at least
I don't see Wayland as something that will be available on
all the types of systems XForms should work with real soon
now;-)
                         Best regards, Jens