Re: [XForms] some success and some problems with old code using version

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] some success and some problems with old code using version 1.3.7
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 13:29:32 +0200

Hi Jos,

On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 11:46:58AM +0200, jos wrote:
> I've tried the demo program and this is working correctly.
> But so far I've not been able to see a difference between this code
> and my own code. Furthermore,s when using the old library also my
> code works, so this is still a bit of a mystery to me.

To me also;-)

> I'll dive into the code some more this weekend.

You can also give it to me (if it doesn't depend too heavily
on things I don't have installed) and I'll also take a look.

> Hmm,  should have become a member of the list years ago ...

;-)

> >I can, of course, also add an fl_set_xyplot_mouse_buttons() func-
> >tion to allow the user to re-enable other mouse buttons.
> Well, I almost don't dare to ask, but would you please?

It's already done, it was rather trivial in this case.

> >>2:  I used fl_get_menu to load and save content to and from my program.
> >>Now all the code returns is a -1. It does not seem to recognize the
> >>menu tree at all.
> >>This happens when using 1.3.7.
> >>When using 1.0.9[01] all is well.
> >>Has the library changed / should I recode this or have there
> >>been no changes to this bit of code over the years (and might this
> >>be a bug) ?
> >I can't draw any conclusions from your descriptions since I don't
> >know the circumstances. It would definitely help if I knew how you
> >set up your menu. A compilable example program would be even better;-)
> I'll try to isolate some of the code and get back to you.

Again, if you have some code I can run (perhaps with a few
instructions on how to reproduce the problem) I'll also take
a look!
                          Best regards, Jens