Re: [XForms] pre-release xforms-1.3.12

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] pre-release xforms-1.3.12
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 11:48:53 +0200

Hi Oskar,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 08:56:44PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
>       I think there is a problem with slot 16 of the X11 font array:
> ( fl_set_font_name(16,"blah"). When selecting such a font on the
> browser of the modified demo/fonts.c (attached), the application seg
> faults. Slot 17 is fine. If slot 16 is a non-existing font, and slot
> 17 exists, then slot 17 seg faults.
> You can replace the original demo/fonts.c with the attached version
> and recompile the library to create the error.

Thank you, there was indeed a bug in the code for finding a
font that led to the first extra font becoming replaced by
the second (so an attempt to load it failed and a NULL poin-
ter was passed to the drawing routine for the font:-(

This is now fixed for both the 'ttf' and 'utf8' development
versions and new tar balls for them, 'xforms-1.3.12.tar.gz'
and 'xforms-1.3.13.tar.gz' have been uploaded to Savannah.

> The DejaVu Sans condensed produces shorter labels, which are very
> similar to Helvetica.

As you may habe seen I've now made the condensed versions
the primary defaults in the new 'utf8' version as I also
found that they're more similar to the old X11 fonts. So
this doesn't seem to be some artefact of my set-up. Good
to know.

Thank you very much for testing!

                         Best regards, Jens