Re: [XForms] Form size changes?

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Form size changes?
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 16:21:57 +0200

Hi Marisa,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 07:17:28PM -0700, Marisa Giancarla wrote:
> I first created my app back in the 90's when screens were smaller and now on
> larger screens the app only uses a fraction of the space and does not allow
> resizing. Is there any way to change this and preferably allow resizing by
> the user? Please help!

If a form can be resized is set with the flags you pass to
(normally) the fl_show_form() function. If you use, for
example, 'FL_PLACE_POSITION', the form can be resized whhile
using 'FL_PLACE_SIZE' keeps it from being resized. The
'FL_PLACE_ASPECT' allows resizing but only with the same
aspect ration.

At

http://xforms-toolkit.org/doc/xforms_6.html#index-fl_005fshow_005fform_0028_0029

you'll find the whole list of the flags - those that set a size
for the form will keep it from being resized. The flags can also
be OR-ed.

Note that objects not necessarily get scaled in size with the
form - this depends on the setting of their 'resize' property.
While their set to rescale with the form per default this can
be switched off (and back on) with the fl_set_object_resize()
function.
                         Best regards, Jens