Re: [XForms] slider control

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] slider control
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 19:26:41 +0100

On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 07:32:53PM +0000, jon wrote:
> In a few weeks I will be working on a home automation system using
> xforms front ends driven via touch screen.
>
> I have done a quick and dirty test with a raspberry Pi board with a
> 23inch touch screen, all works well so far.
>
> Is it possible to replace the slider control with a different graphic.
> I want to make a sliders with triangles or other shapes at the centre.
> I guess what I want is a pixmap slider or similar functionality.

There's nothing built into the slider widget for changing
the "knob" of the slider, sorry. Also, non-rectangular
areas have a tendency to become a PITA for updates etc.:-(
But feel free to derive your own customized object type
rom the slider type. As far as I can see the files for
the slider class are slider.c and sldraw.c.

                         Best regards, Jens