Re: [XForms] Request for comments

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [XForms] Request for comments
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 12:19:54 +0000

I'm probably not really understanding the problem and
not really understanding anti-aliasing.

It seems that we are applying anti-aliasing to a previously
anti-aliased version of the label, so it deteriorates with
every re-draw.

I can't think of anything better than your proposal.  It
deals correctly with all normal situations.  (a) and (b) seem
straightforward.  How fiddly is part (c) I wonder?  I can't
think of a case where a label should overlap more than one
object.   Perhaps (c) doesn't need to be done: when a label
is redrawn, (b) will find the topmost object beneath the label.

Sorry not to come up with anything simpler.  I guess I'm just
offering some moral support here.

--
Paul Nicholson