Re: [XForms] Fwd: missing X11 library?

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Fwd: missing X11 library?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 20:49:29 +0100

Hi Peter,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:37:20AM -0800, Peter Rowat wrote:

> gcc -v -Wall -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/X11/include -o XXX XXX.c
> -L/usr/local/lib  -lforms
>

> Using this command, when XXX.c is an XForms program NOT using any Xlib
> calls, compilation is successful, but when XXX.c has Xlib calls such as
> XDrawLines, compilation fails. (I changed my #include “forms.h” to
> <forms.h>)

> Perhaps this is related to the presence of Apple's Xcode app, and I should
> try the compilation from inside Xcode.

I have no experience at all With Apple and Xcode, so a lot of
the output is incomprehensible to me:-(

>   "_XDrawLines", referenced from:
>       _draw_triangle in trime-c64e11.o
>   "_XFillPolygon", referenced from:
>       _draw_triangle in trime-c64e11.o
>   "_XSetForeground", referenced from:
>       _draw_triangle in trime-c64e11.o
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> make: *** [trime] Error 1

No idea if this will help, but have you tried to explicitly
link also against libX11? Under Linux it's enough that libforms
depends on it (since a few years, before you also had to add it),
but perhaps that's different on ypur platform. What happens if you
put a '-lX11' after '-lforms' (or before it or maybe have it before
and after it)?
                             Best regards, Jens