Re: [XForms] cursor position in the input field

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] cursor position in the input field
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:10:44 +0200

Hi Michal,

   sorry for the long delay - I only now got around to
dealing with the backlog of messages in my inbox...

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 08:08:38AM +0200, Michal Szymanski wrote:
> At some point in the 1.2.x series, the behaviour of input objects has
> changed. As stated in the manual, the cursor in the input field should
> be by default (unless changed by fl_set_input_mode()) placed at the
> end of the string upon showing the form.

When you switch to an input field via <TAB> the cursor should
appear at the position it was when the input field was left.
The default of "end of text" is for the cases where you set
the field using fl_set_input() and then go there.

> It seems, however, that this is true only for the first time the form
> is shown. If it is then hidden and shown again, the cursor is set at
> the beginning of the string set by "fl_set_input".

Yes, that's a bug and I hope to have fixed it. It's in
the git repository for know. Thank you!

                              Best regards, Jens