xlog-discussion

[Xlog-discussion] Re: [Hamlib-developer] hamlib 1.1.4, xlog and an IC-73

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: [Hamlib-developer] hamlib 1.1.4, xlog and an IC-736
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:57:29 +0200

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> >This works, if I type "f" I get the frequency:
> >rigctl -vvvvvv -r /dev/rig -Crts_state=ON -m 320 -L -s9600
> >
> >I don't quite understand how I'm supposed to tell xlog or hamlib about
> >the need to toggle RTS to power the converter, without using rigctl. If
> >I start xlog after rigctl, I still get a comm timeout in xlog plus now
> >rigctl will also report timeouts until restarted.

[..]
> You could probably do something like:
>
> rpc.rigd -m 320 -r /dev/rig &
> rigctl -r 'RPC rig' -Crts_state=ON -m 320

actually, this would be something like this:

  rpc.rigd -m 320 -r /dev/rig -Crts_state=ON -s9600
  rigctl -r localhost -m 1901

> >My bad for not being clear at the first try.

I think I did understand what you need: the ability to perform a set_conf
(i.e. what is passed to the -C option) in xlog.
Joop, would it be possible to add a -C option to xlog on the command
line, or better, add a text field in the preferences window allowing
entry of comma separated parameters to be set with rig_set_conf?

It's good to be able to set several parameters, because some people will
need to change also their CI-V address (civaddress=0xZZ), or any of the
parameters you get with "rigctl -m xx -L" and that can vary from one
backend to another.

TLF will need also this feature in its config file. Hopefully I will
find time to send Rein a patch if nobody has already done it.

73
Stephane