xlog-discussion

[Xlog-discussion] First 0.9 release candidate

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] First 0.9 release candidate
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:00:29 +0200

Get it at:

http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/xlog-0.9rc1.tar.gz

Changes compared to the last beta:

* Save and recall the state of band and mode optionmenus.
* When using 'save as..' part of the log can be saved.
* The normal log now prints correctly instead of upside-down. Also added
  support for latin characters.
* Fixed a bug which would create 2 logs when a fieldname with a dot was
  entered on log creation (tnx Alex OZ9AEC for reporting).
* Ctrl-k and Ctrl-a will put focus on the callsign field.
* When printing you can decide which columns to print.
* Hamlib: The s-meter is initialised correctly.
* There is a new format for exporting the log called 'labels'. This will
  save some fields of the log in a TAB separated file. This file can be
  imported into glabels using the template called qsllabels.glabels in
  the xlog data directory.

The 'Save As' dialog now contains a couple of extra fields, where you can fill in the range of QSO's to save. This was the easiest way for me to add partial log saving.

The print dialog has been redesigned, let me know what you think.

QSL-labels support has been on the TODO list for long. This was an idea by Alex, see:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/xlog-discussion/2002-04/msg00004.html

It uses an application called glabels, which is included in most distributions. See the manual (which you can access from the Help->Documentation menu) for details.

There will be a testing period of 2-3 weeks for this release candidate, in which no new features will be added, only bug fixes. Also, I still need to update the french, spanish and danish translations.

Have fun testing,

Regards,
Joop
--