xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog problem

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog problem
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:32:41 +0200

Matt Dawson wrote:
On Tuesday 13 July 2004 17:59, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

Not sure what to do here.
Maybe we should keep on reading the old preferences file, until people
actually delete it?

I wouldn't, personally. You're going to get these problems eventually when you finally do have to stop reading the old preferences, so it makes more sense to drop the old ones now whilst they don't break any new features. Otherwise, you'll end up dealing with bug reports of new features not working because of the old preferences, which I don't think you need. Let them ask about it now, and they may, perhaps, read the release notes next time ;o)

The worst case scenario here is that, like me, folks have to fill in eight (six if you only fill in your QRA locator) text boxes again. Not a great hardship, is it?

I had been a bit worried about Robert reporting overwriting of $HOME/.xlog/log.xlog. I just tested a similar setup (no preferences.xml and log.xlog present), but everything seems okay.

I think I am going to add the Changelog to the Help->Documentation menu.

Thanks,
Joop PG4I