xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] v1.6 adventures & comments

From: Martin Ewing - AA6E
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] v1.6 adventures & comments
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:47:32 -0500

Alex was spot on about the logic needing to be in the transceiver backend. I had forgotten all about this, but the Orion backend (my backend!) seems to be set up correctly. I coded and tested the following snippet that retrieves the current output power in watts:

status = rig_get_level(my_rig, RIG_VFO_CURR, RIG_LEVEL_RFPOWER, &pwr);
        /* pwr (actually, pwr.f) is relative: 0.0 - 1.0 range */
status = rig_power2mW(my_rig, &mwpwr, pwr.f, freq, mode);
        /* mwpwr (int) will be set to the actual demanded output power
          in milliwatts (0 - 100000 for the Orion). Freq and mode
          are current valid rig vfo setting and operating mode. */

I don't know what xlog is doing, but it is not this. So I think we have an actual bug report.

73 Martin AA6E

Alexandru Csete wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:07:12 -0500