xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] How about a callsign server lookup button to open

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] How about a callsign server lookup button to open the page in your browser?
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:43:52 +0200

Op donderdag 11-09-2008 om 10:16 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Rob
Frohne:
> Hi Joop, et. al.,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a good reason why we can't have a button that
> will allow you to automate the process of copying and pasting the call
> sign of the station you are working into Firefox (or whatever your web
> browser is) so you can see the data on a call sign server like qrz.com
> or hamcall.net, or any of the other call sign servers.
>
> I realize having a URL that is hard coded into the program makes it very
> susceptible to changes webmasters make to things.  To get around this,
> we could have a preference setting that would allow you to construct a
> URL, where CALL would be replaced with the call of the station you are
> looking up.  For example the URL for qrz.com for my call (kl7na) is:
>
> http://www.qrz.com/kl7na
>
> What do you all think of this idea?

Hello Rob,

sorry for the late reply, been out of the country. Your idea sounds
feasible, especially of we don't hardcode it. This way we can use any
server.

I was thinking of a small clickable button next to the callsign field,
which will start your preferred web-browser. I can add it to the next
release.

> 73,
>
> Rob, KL7NA

Joop PG4I