xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog slow response

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog slow response
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:20:28 +0100

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:27:53 -0500
Stewart Whitehouse <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 19:32 -0500, Jan Ditzian wrote:
> > I am using xlog but I find that data entry is slow.   I frequently
> > type faster than the characters enter, and when i click on date or
> > time, it takes a while to populate the field.  I have over 25000
> > entries.
> Jan,
> I am experiencing the same problem with xlog 1.7. I never had the
> problem with prior releases. Also my log has less than 100 entries.
> Stew ke4yh

Keep your logs small, open and close them as you need them,
xlog was designed to work this way.

Using a large log with 25000 QSO's will only work with
database based logging programs. There are couple linux
logbook programs that work this was, but I think there are
more benefits to using text based logs.