xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Problems building xlog from CVS..

From: Paul Schulz
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Problems building xlog from CVS..
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:00:35 +0930

I was able to get xlog to run from the build directory by adding some links
from my system directories:

export XLOG_BUILD_DIR=`pwd` (when in the CVS checkout directory)
sudo ln -s $XLOG_BUILD_DIR/data /usr/local/share/xlog
sudo ln -s $XLOG_BUILD_DIR/data/pixmaps $XLOG_DIR/data/pixmaps/xlog

This allows xlog to find the resources it needs to run, and doesn't
interfear with with the syslog installed from packages, which uses
/usr/share rather than
/usr/local/share.

All good for now..