xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Non responsive Xlog

From: Pierfrancesco Caci
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Non responsive Xlog
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:51:47 +0200

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:36:48 +1000
Grant McDuling <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, For the first time Xlog does not want to respond when I load it.
> When I click on the launch icon, I get a bland Xlog screen. Then
> after a few seconds it goes grey and does not respond to any
> commands. I have to force shut it down. I have tried reloading it
> from synaptec without success. What can I do to get it up and running
> again? Fortunately I have my backup saved.

Do you use rig control?

Try renaming the config file (xlog.cfg, in the directory .xlog under
your home dir) to something else and see if it starts correctly. You
can then manually reconfigure it, or compare xlog.cfg with the backup
and see what's wrong.

If renaming the config file doesn't help, try the preferences.xml
file, or maybe you have a corrupt log file (any file ending with .xlog
in the .xlog directory).

Log files are plain text, and there should be a backup file for each
of them too.

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx <address@hidden>