xlog-discussion

[Xlog-discussion] Hello Everybody

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Hello Everybody
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:16:57 -0400

Hi Everybody,

I'd like to introduce myself to you. My name is Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ). I've been a licensed amateur radio operator for 5 years, and earned my Amateur Extra license. I enjoy many aspects of the hobby, and have been privileged to serve as a club president for a local ham radio club for the last 3 years.

I have been involved with the Linux community for about 15 years. I have founded and been acting president of two Linux user's groups. I taught Linux classes for the Adult Education program here in town for several years (and look forward to doing it again).

By trade, I am a computer engineer. Specifically, I'm a digital logic verification engineer, writing code to create digital logic simulations and test simulated circuits for proper function prior to fabrication.

On Sourceforge, I have released some programs I wrote for ham radio, namely:

a) Fl_moxgen (search for flmoxgen)
b) aa-analyzer (search for aa-analyzer)
c) Andy's Ham Radio Linux CD (search for KB1OIQ)

I have used Xlog since I started in the hobby. It suits my needs very well, and I was excited to hear about the opportunity to contribute.

It will naturally take some time for me to learn the code, and I thank you for your patience, support, and kind welcome. I'd like to thank Joop for asking the community for a successor so that the users can continue to benefit from Xlog's existence.

Have a lot of fun, and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)