xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Re: xnee question

From: Henrik Sandklef (GNU)
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Re: xnee question
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:22:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

> Hi Henrik,
>
> To make xnee compile on Solaris (Solaris 8 in my case), I added  the
> following:
>
> 1.
> CPPFLAGS =  -DNEED_REPLIES  -DNEED_EVENTS
> in libxnee/src/Makefile.  I guess that CPPFLAGS is not the most apropriate
> place to put it in, so you better find a better place for it.
>
> 2. add  -lrt  at the end of xnee_LDADD  in xnee/src/Makefile.
>

> Now, about my other questions/comments:
>
> 1. In the output file there are data lines with many numbers in them.  I
> had to look in the code to find their meaning.  I think it's better be
> documented. (I'm talking about the scanf line in xnee_replay.c).  BTW:
> Should the format be compatible when upgrading xnee ?

Yes, you are absolutely right. The format shall be documented. In fact it
will be during december.... I hope. My right thumb is broken and I do all
work with my left hand. But I still hope to do this and a lot of other
stuff during december.

The format _IS_ and shall probably always be backward compatible. Do ypu
have any problem (errors) with this (apart from xnee warnings)?

> 2.  In the doc you write that to get double speed I should use -sp 200.
> Now it's 200% slower.  It's not the time which was doubled, but the
> intervals between events.  Maybe you should rephrase it in the doc.
Yes, ypu are right that the interval between events are doubled. But, also
a check is made to "sync" with the start time. So I think that Xnee will
actually replay at the speed given using the newly implemented speed
option.

> 3. With Some of the flags, I can't know if I should use them when
> recording
> or replaying.  Such as : -sk.  Maybe you  should split them in the manual
> to 2 groups according to  recording-flags  and replaying flags.
Yes.... thanks!

> 4.  About sync  - The explanation in the manual was too technical to me.
> What flags should I use (and when ? or recording only ?) to have xnee wait
> for the same events to occur ?
OK, I will take a look at this.

/hesa