xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] What exactly is Xnee + Ubuntu specific questions

From: Kristjan Siimson
Subject: [Xnee-devel] What exactly is Xnee + Ubuntu specific questions
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:20:35 -0700

Dear Xnee development team,

I found out about Xnee when I was searching for Linux equivalents of
macro programs such as AutoHotKey.

There are several tasks that I would like to automate. All of them are
related with a MMORPG game called A Tale in the Desert 3, in which using
macros is very common due to the repetitive nature of certain tasks.
There is more information about the use of macros in A Tale in the
Desert 3 on ATITD Wiki macros page at
http://wiki.atitd.net/tale3/Macros.

One of the tasks I would like to automate is picking up grass. That
involves moving the character forward, clicking on the harvest icon
(absolutely positioned), and then repeating. Since using macros while
being AFK is not allowed, I will monitor what is happening, and
therefore the whole operation would be repeatedly clicking on two spots.
Is it possible using Xnee and if yes, then any suggestions on what is
the best way to do this? Not going to ask anything more at the moment,
because if I get a good answer, I may be able to figure out more myself.

Also, I have a technical problem. I installed Xnee from Ubuntu's package
manager and I have not been able to find out how to run Gnee, Cnee, etc.
I asked a question about that on Ubuntu forums
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=741196), but there have been
no answers yet. Does anybody know any more about how to run those in
Ubuntu?

Thank you,
Kristjan Siimson