xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] What more platforms to (auto)test Xnee on

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Xnee-devel] What more platforms to (auto)test Xnee on
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:55:19 +0100

hi all,

given the RECORD bug that has made life tough for Xnee I think it's about time to do more 'real' tests. Currently Xnee is built and tested every night[1]. These are more like unit tests and X11 data names checks[2].

But I think that testing Xnee in action (i e cnee application recording and replaying real events as faked by swinput[3]). In my experience Xvfb is a bit cumbersome to use when testing Xnee. I am not saying this is Xvfb's fault, might as well be me. It can also be the RECORD bug that screwes things up. Anyhow, such tests should be fairly easy to accomplish with the latest qemu and Xvfb, vnc or ...

Get on with it... ok sorry. So now to the question. What other platforms/distributions would you like to see Xnee tested on?

 Currently Xnee is (or will soon be) tested on:
  x86 - Debian GNU/Linux Lenny
  ppc - Debian GNU/Linux Lenny
  arm - Debian GNU/Linux Lenny
  x86 - Trisquel
  x86 - Gnewsense

Once all this is in place it's about time to start working on Xnee and XI2.

/hesa

[1] http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/xnee/coverage/
    http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/buildbot/one_box_per_builder

[2] Make sure that "6" corresponds to MotionEvent etc

[3] http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/swinput/