xouvert-general

Re: [Xouvert-general] Network transparentcy and modules

From: Jerry Westrick
Subject: Re: [Xouvert-general] Network transparentcy and modules
Date: 19 Aug 2003 14:05:16 +0200

Alas Tupshin,

As I said, I'm not knowledgeable about the topic.  So I actually
don't know if it's needed, or possible, or even desirable.

But I've have seen that VNC does not support Anti-Aliasing.  I've also
heard of certain flavors of VNC that do, and that they required special
changes to X-Windows.

I would suggest that you (or should I say "we") find out who did that
and ask him (or her) what she/he would suggeest.  Since he/she already
has expirience extending X-Windows in this direction.

I'm actually quite flattered that my suggestions where taken so
seriously, but before I go and try to figure out which verison of VNC
did / does this and attempt to interest such a person in this project, I
would like the project to agree on the desirability of such a thingy.

Ever so carefull

Jerry Westrick