yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] OSX rendering

From: Alfredo de Greef
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] OSX rendering
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 07:21:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- car <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please do not bite my head off. I am just asking a
> simple question.

Why do you think we would do that? You can ask any
question you want, if we can answer we will definitly
do that.

> How do you work this in OSX. I have it where it will
> say in the terminal
> after typing, yafray
>
> Usage: yafray [options] <file to render>
>
> Options :
>          -c N    Number of cpus to use
>
>          -z      Use Net optimized
>
> _____________________
>
> But their is no man file to learn from. As I learned
> most of my unix so
> far ( scriptkiddie ) from those man files.
>
> I will only ask this once so as not to glut the
> email.
> And my questions go an answered in the message
> board.

I have seen your questions in the yafray forum, I was
just hoping somebody with actual OSX experience was
going to answer you. As you might have seen on the
site, recently we got access to a Mac thanks to Apple
Spain. This will hopefully mean we will be able to
solve problems around the OSX version.

Anyway, as for what to do, you just call yafray with
an xml file, probably exported from Blender with yable
(if python and all that works on OSX):

yafray scene.xml

that's all, the -c option is only useful if you have a
multiprocessor system, and the -n option is for
rendering across a network/cluster (I think). If
everything works as it should, it should render a tga
picture and store it either in the directory the file
was in or in the directory you called yafray from (you
can change this with the path button in yable).
There seem to be some rendering problems on OSX
though, hopefully we will find the solution to this
soon.