z80asm-devel

[Z80asm-devel] [patch #3405] Add DEFM for Zilog compatibility

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: [Z80asm-devel] [patch #3405] Add DEFM for Zilog compatibility
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 07:18:51 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the patch tracker
 of the project: Z80 assembler.

[patch #3405] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Bas Wijnen <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Fri 10/01/2004 at 11:10 (Europe/Amsterdam)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Applied
         Assigned to | None                      | shevek
              Status | Open                      | Closed

[patch #3405] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Z80 assembler
Submitted by: H. Peter Anvin
On: Thu 09/30/2004 at 19:40

Category:  None

Original Submission:  Zilog assemblers use DEFB for byte values and DEFM for
strings.  z80asm already supports mixing and matching these the way x86
assemblers do, this is a good thing.  This patch simply makes DEFM/DM an alias
for DEFB/DB.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Thu 09/30/2004 at 22:16       By: H. Peter Anvin <hpanvin>
None of the assemblers I've ever used have behaved in that way, and I've used
at least a handful of different Z80 assemblers.  If this was ever the case, it
would probably have been a platform-specific thing, that should perhaps be
considered as a command-line option in the future (if so, it's a good reason to
add the pseudo-op, though.)  I don't believe it should ever be default, though.

Date: Thu 09/30/2004 at 21:33       By: Bas Wijnen <shevek>
I remember defm from somewhere, but I thought it was supposed to set the 7th
bit of the last byte?

File Attachments

Date: Thu 09/30/2004 at 19:40  Name: defm.diff  Size: 3.03KB   By: hpanvin

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=3405&amp;item_file_id=3719