z80asm-devel

[Z80asm-devel] Offer to help in development of the Z80 assembler

From: Paul White
Subject: [Z80asm-devel] Offer to help in development of the Z80 assembler
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:49:49 -0700

Hi,
I found and fixed a few problems with the z80 assembler program. I'd like to offer my help in future development of this program.

In building the project as downloaded, I had a little trouble on my FreeBSD 4.9 system, mainly with gnulib/getopts, but I worked it out and got things to compile OK. The following patch fixes some other problems I encountered. One of these can probably be classed as a cosmetic change, allowing a leading "A, " in instructions like "CP A, nn", where currently these instructions must be written as "CP nn", which I think makes understanding the written code more difficult.
The other fixes are:
1. "IM 0", "IM 1" and "IM 2" were producing wrong code.
2. "IN A, (C)" was producing wrong code.
3. "#include <getopt.h> was changed to '#include "gnulib/getopt.h"' to allow compilation.

Thanks to the original developers for making a very useful tool.
-- Paul White

27c27
< #include <getopt.h>
---
#include "gnulib/getopt.h"
1512a1513
  char * w;   /* PJW */
1515a1517,1520
w = strcasestr(*p, "a,"); /* allow optional leading "A," before object - PJW */
  if (w != NULL) *p = w + 2;

2106c2111
<             wrtb (0x46 + 8 * r--);
---
            wrtb (0x46 + 8 * --r);    /* pre-decrement r : PJW */
2119c2124
<                     wrtb (0x40 + 8 * --r);
---
              wrtb (0x78);            /* PJW */