ada-mode-users

Re: [SPAM UNSURE] gnatfind is missing from GCC v11 and newer

From: Left Right
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] gnatfind is missing from GCC v11 and newer
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:19:47 +0200

Hi.

When trying to run build.sh in gpr_query I ran into a problem with the line:

I altered it like this to overcome the problem:

./build.sh: line 15: cd: too many arguments

if type alr; then
    # alr can be installed from https://alire.ada.dev/
    echo "building gpr_query via Alire; compiler:"
    alr toolchain
    alr get emacs_gpr_query~1.0.1
    cd $(find . -type d -name 'emacs_gpr_query_*') ; alr build --release

to my understanding, the problem was that it was finding another file
in this directory that also starts with emacs_gpr_query_, namely:
emacs_gpr_query_config_devel.gpr or
emacs_gpr_query_config_release.gpr. This behavior may be contingent on
what /bin/sh is on any given system.

I'm not sure however if $() is supported in sh. Maybe it would have to
be `` instead.

In my case it's:

❯ /bin/sh --version
GNU bash, version 5.1.16(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.