ada-mode-users

Re: Still problems with ada-mode-8.1.0

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: Still problems with ada-mode-8.1.0
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 17:01:07 +0000

On 23 Mar 2024, at 10:59, Per Dalgas Jakobsen <pdj@knaldgas.dk> wrote:

error in process filter: wisi-process-parse--filter: error: CONSTRAINT_ERROR : sal-gen_definite_doubly_linked_lists.adb:167 access check failed
error in process filter: error: CONSTRAINT_ERROR : sal-gen_definite_doubly_linked_lists.adb:167 access check failed

I have *exactly* this issue. Sonoma 14.3.1 (M1), Emacs 28.2 (I think I had some issue with 29, will have to see if I noted it down, or try again), GCC 13.2.0-aarch64, Alire 2.0.

This problem makes it *extremely* difficult to investigate itself! As soon as I try editing the sources, bang!.

I could use GNAT Studio, but I find it very awkward in comparison with Emacs/ada-mode.

I’m trying the new eglot stuff, but I have to say I’m not clear how to get it set up.The Ada Language Server build under Alire needed a couple of workrounds (https://github.com/AdaCore/ada_language_server/issues/1190), and eglot picks it up OK; what I need to happen is for eglot/als to take over from the ada-mode executable that’s giving us the trouble. (I hope that’s what it does, if not it’s GNAT Studio :-)