Re: [Aspell-user] Possible patch to make Emacs' Ispell minor mode work w

From: James J. Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Possible patch to make Emacs' Ispell minor mode work with Aspell 0.60
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:27:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I cannot
> change
> > the encoding Aspell uses on the fly, so piping
> "$$cs
> > encoding,utf-8" does *not* work. I can work around
> > this, though.
>
> No not at the moment sorry.

Don't be too sorry. I said I could work around, and in
fact, I just did.

> > Another problem. Piping "$$ra
> > mispelledWurd,correctedWord" doesn't seem to cause
> > ~/.aspell.en.prepl to be updated. It is updated
> when I
> > run aspell via the curses interface, but only when
> > aspell exits.
>
> #1) The corrected word needs to be in the dictionary
> or else Aspell
> will ignore it
> #2) You need to use '#' which will save both the
> personal dictionary and
> the replasment dictionary.

Thanks. I'll see if that helps. If it does, I'll sent
the patch to Aspell's Sourceforge page rather than
this list, although the patch is for Ispell.el rather
than Aspell proper. Sending one big patch to the list
is probably a bit iffy; sending two is really dodgy,
and sending three is definitely pushing it.