auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 21:35:49 +0900

Hi Ken,

> At the moment, I cannot see any way to achieve this. What you are
> doing with the PDF interpreter is pretty much exactly the sort of
> thing we have spent time preventing. We really don't want people to be
> able to modify the PDF interpreter at all.

Thank you for your detailed explanation.  I realize it is almost
hopeless to achive our original intent by just replacing the existing
Postscript code.  I'm a bit surprised since adjusting the background
color of the generated image to that of emacs still works under gs-9.27.
Perhaps it might be a loophole left in gs-9.27 and we possibly have to
be prepared that the future Ghostscript disables this feature as well.

> Is it not possible to alter the production of the PDF file in the
> first place ?

I'm not currently sure, but I'll propose other AUCTeX developers that
idea.

Thank you very much Ken, I appreciate your effort provided for us.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita