auctex-devel

Re: Underline fontification

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Underline fontification
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 14:12:47 +0200

Hendrik Rommeswinkel <rommeswi@proton.me> writes:

> Underlining text might be ugly but overlining in mathematics / formal
> logic is quite common so it is a pity that the overline cannot be
> configured in emacs to actually be useful.

I agree, having the feature is nice, and people how don't want it can
easily disable it.

> The changes in the ulem.el file are quite straightforward (changing
> 'textual to 'underline-command for the relevant functions)

I've now installed your suggested changes incl. some adjustments around
it (ChangeLog entries, updated AUCTeX manual etc.) in commit 39e0062235;
I hope this fine with you and again, thanks for your contribution.

Best, Arash