auctex-devel

Re: reftex+catchfilebetweentags, reftex support for catchfilebetweentags

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: reftex+catchfilebetweentags, reftex support for catchfilebetweentags tags
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 17:24:34 +0100

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Arash

>>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>>
> Can you please refrain from changing the subject line with every
> message?  Thanks.

Sure if it annoys you. It is a built in function shipped by gnus
message.el and does not destroy the thread, so I found it useful, but if
you don't I will leave the subject intact from now on.

>> I think I understand some of the structure but still the workflow is not
>> entirely reliable.

> 👍

>> Indeed that works in the current Emacs session.
>>
>> However, even after putting these lines in my reftex_init.el file and
>> byte-compiling it, after a restart of Emacs, the reftex did not add
>> the correct reference/label to ExecuteExternalMetaData!
>>
>> I had explicitly to eval these lines again, to make it work. I am sort
>> of puzzled.

> You really should write a new AUCTeX style file like
> `xcatchfilebetweentags.el' and put that stuff there instead of your init
> file.  Since you need a xcatchfilebetweentags.sty anyway for the LaTeX
> macro, so this for xcatchfilebetweentags.sty:

Ok, I did and I tested it. GREAT, thanks very much, I already started to
try to fiddle that out myself, but surely it would have costed me the whole
afternoon (or more).

This really eases  my workflow considerable. Thanks so much.

The question is, shouldn't that be included in AucTeX? Or since I am the
only user so far, I should keep it private?

BTW, what is about my patch, I sent a couple of days ago, concerning the
inclusion of the file name in the tag name for catchfilebetweentags?

The issue is, there seems *no* reliable way to have several external
files the way the xr-hyper pkg allows it, which means that several
existing files with different content must be combined and that is why a
file prefix is very helpful in the tags.

Regards

Uwe