auctex-devel

Re: AUCTeX 14.0.0 in ELPA

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: AUCTeX 14.0.0 in ELPA
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 14:34:01 +0100

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Too bad.  It seems the autoloads are simply appended in alphabetical
> order of filenames so tex-site comes pretty late...
>
> I checked the ELPA README.  It is possible to run a shell command to
> build the package (in addition or instead (?) of "make").  So maybe we
> can temporarily fix it by adding a shell command that prepends
>
>   (require 'tex-site)
>
> to auctex-autoloads.el?

Hm, it seems that shell command is run while building the package on
elpa, i.e., the tar archive.  But the autoloads are generated locally.
But maybe my quirk fixes it anyway because I think now the tar contains
an auctex-autoloads.el file which contains (require 'tex-site) at the
start and hopefully the rest gets appended.

I've released 14.0.1 as a test balloon.

Bye,
Tassilo