auctex-devel

Eglot activation (Re: bug#69057: AUCTeX 14.0.2 and TexLab 5.12.3)

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Eglot activation (Re: bug#69057: AUCTeX 14.0.2 and TexLab 5.12.3)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 18:11:30 +0900

[ Cc: changed ]

Hi Arash,

> Hmm, strange.  I don't have Emacs 29 installed so I can't test it
> myself.

> I put this on my todo list and ask on emacs-devel how to proceed.  I
> think Emacs core should arrange to support this OOTB.

I think I have figured out the reason. The culprit is the insufficient
capability of pseudo-parent mode facility I discussed in bug#69069[1].
Eglot finds out the correct server if we extend
`provided-mode-derived-p' so that several our new modes identify
themselves as descended from `tex-mode' as the attached patch.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/r/bug-auctex/2024-02/msg00041.html

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine