[AUCTeX] Re: run makeindex to generate glossary

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: run makeindex to generate glossary
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:53:01 +0000 (UTC)

Am Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:29:51 +0200 schrieb Ralf Angeli:

> * Bernhard Kleine (2008-06-08) writes:
>
>> why don't you put the command into a batch and run the batch from a
>> terminal window?
>
> Is that supposed to be a joke?

No it is not! I am working on large articles. makeindex and pdfcrop
command I have always in a separate window and terminal. Since working
with linux I usually have 12 different desktop windows. If I would
program individual makeindex-commands and the different files into
auctex, i would certainly get lost. I have managed to prepare a makefile
and run make. But for ps2pdf, pdfcrop, once the commands are typed, I re-
run them as often as necessary, till I am satisfied with the results.

And for a complex makeindex-run, a batch file can be re-used!

Bernhard