Re: "%%% TeX-master: t" appears twice.

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: "%%% TeX-master: t" appears twice.
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 13:17:25 +0900

Hi Hongyi,

> I noticed the following auto-generated LaTeX comment code at the end
> of my file:

> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% End:

> But I want to know why there are two duplicate lines, aka, "%%%
> TeX-master: t"?

The information you provided is too little to answer :-). In general,
AUCTeX pays attention not to do so. If `TeX-add-local-master' is called
in the buffer for some reason, such duplication will appear. However,
`TeX-add-local-master' is called only in `TeX-master-file-ask' in AUCTeX
source, and `TeX-master-file-ask' calls `TeX-add-local-master' only when
there isn't "%%% TeX-master:" line yet.
So I don't know why such duplication occured. (Maybe some 3rd party code
calls `TeX-add-local-master'?)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine