[Audio-video] Stallman recording details

From: Elaine Adolfo
Subject: [Audio-video] Stallman recording details
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:26:00 -0700

On Sept 10 Dr. Stallman will be speaking at Stanford. We are working on recording his talk and I was informed by his assistant to contact you regarding advice on how best to make the recording that is good for further use.

This is what I have so far:
Recording formats:

Please make sure that your recording is not compressed with a
substantially lossy codec (unless it is an Ogg codec).  If we have to
transcode the file, starting from a lower-quality base will reduce the
quality of the result.

It is best to provide audio recordings in the original recorded sample
rate, up to 44100Hz.  Monophonic is generally adequate for speech
recordings and saves a lot of space over stereo.

For video recordings, please save the master recording, which will
probably be in miniDV format.

Are there other instructions you could provide?

Elaine Adolfo
Assistant to Lawrence Lessig
address@hidden
office 650.725.2565