Re: [Audio-video] Richard Stallman - 2013-02-10 - Paris

From: Maxime Rouquet
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] Richard Stallman - 2013-02-10 - Paris
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 13:20:53 +0100

On 03/28/2013 10:00 AM, Sally Hanford wrote:
> I wonder if the video could be hosted at Wikimedia commons?
> http://commons.wikimedia.org
> What do you think?

The video is more than 2 hours long in 1280x720 resolution, it is about
2Gb data. It is perfect if Wikimedia can host such a big video.

Alternatively we can provide a smaller resolution video (in 640x360
resolution), which will be less heavy. Most of the interest of the
conference being the audio talk it would probably be enough to put this
small resolution accessible with a browser, and to share via torrent the
one in the best resolution.

>> The person who filmed the conference has made the credits page.
> I filmed it and I did not create a credits page.

I am not sure I understand your comment, so I will explain what this is
about.

A team of 3 persons offered to film and edit this movie for free, and
following the requirements. It will be shared under CC-BY-ND licence.

However, they would like to get credited for their work. That is why the
person who mounted the film has put their name in a short list of
credits at the end. Apart from being quoted for their work, they do not
ask for anything else.

The credits say :

"A free Digital Society" (big)

une conférence de ("a conference of" - small)

Richard Stallman (big)

donnée le 10 février ("performed on February 10th" - small)
à la maison de l'Île de Nanterre ("at the Maison de l'Ile of Nanterre
city" - small)

à l'invitation du ("invited by" - small)
Parti Pirate
PPFR

Réalisation ("Filmmaking" - small)
TXO (big)

Caméra
Corinne Laot

Lumières et sons ("Light and sound")
Aline Arnaud

Moyens techniques ("Technical tools")
Editing Compagny

fsf.org | PartiPirate.org

Licence CC-BY-ND

If you see something you would like to change, please tell me. However,
please understand it will take additional time to process to the change.

I am currently converting the video in webm from the original input. We
had a few problems exporting to webm (including the video not correctly
synched) and various other details (interlacing, etc.), but hopefully we
will end up with a film in very good quality.

Parts of the job are done by amateurs. Please accept again our apologies
for the resulting delay, but we want to release a movie in good quality.

Best regards,

Maxime