Re: [Audio-video] Audio and video recording of a speech on February 10th

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] Audio and video recording of a speech on February 10th
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 10:30:12 +0100

Hello Keränen, and thanks for your kind offer.

Even if I've been a little lazy lately, I'm usually taking care of
uploading video files to audio-video.gnu.org, in the mean time before
MediaGoblin gets mature enough to replace the current manual system.
(Wink wink.)

On 2014-01-30 at 10:56, Keränen Antti wrote:

> We are planning to do audio and video recording of Mr. Stallman's
> speech in Helsinki on February 10th. Do you an have advice on how to
> make a recording that is good for further use? We can afterwards
> provide the audio and the video in the formats of the free software
> community.

Hello.  I don't think we have any particular recommendation, as long as
the format is usable with unencumbered free software (we recommend WebM
or Ogg/Theora).

One problem we had with a recent video was an attempt by the recorder to
insert a banner with legal notices, for the full length of the video.
The banner was not obtrusive but those particular legal notices
contained a mistake, and that indeed made the video very hard to reuse.

Other than that, I see no problems.  Go ahead.  If you need server space
to upload files (up to a few gigs) then please write to me, and I'll
give you access to a machine.

Regards,

--
Luca Saiu