Re: [avr-chat] avrdude, stk600, updi, attiny3216

From: Till Sellschopp
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude, stk600, updi, attiny3216
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 07:58:30 +0200

Hello,

thanks for the fast feedback.
I've changed the programming speed, the target voltage is alright, the fuses are not the problem & the wiring is ok.
I did not have too much time at hand, but currently it seems to me that there is no activity whatsoever on the updi pin. I will doublecheck today.

Regarding the configuration file:

The error messages declares a missing "pgm_enable"  of the respective part (attiny3216).
In all configurations I could find, the attiny3216 or similar uC of the same family do not have that property. Neither do the parent parts.
Are you aware of any ressources dealing with this topic? Currently it seems to me, that alle devices in the configuration file have the same "pgm_enable" pattern.

Thanks for the support,

Till

Am Di., 11. Juni 2019 um 08:49 Uhr schrieb Rogier Wolff <address@hidden>:
On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 08:11:58PM +0200, Martin Stejskal wrote:
> 1) Clock is set too high.
> 2) Low voltage on target.
> 3) Wrong fuse settings
> 4) Wiring

None of the above:

> po 10. 6. 2019 v 18:09 odesílatel Till Sellschopp <address@hidden>

> > avrdude: stk500v2_program_enable(): program enable instruction not defined
> > for part "ATtiny3216"

The error message says that your configuration file fails to define a
"program enable" instruction for your part.

Double check your configuration file, download a newer one, install it
and double check that avrdude is indeed using the one you think it
should use.

        Roger.

--
** address@hidden ** https://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2049110 **
**    Delftechpark 11 2628 XJ  Delft, The Netherlands.  KVK: 27239233    **