Re: [avr-gcc-list] internal error: out of range error

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] internal error: out of range error
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:12:38 +1000

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 09:45:35PM +0300, Dafni & Robert Berger wrote:
> I tried also to put the string, which is want to flash to put into a
> dedicated section by modifying the linker script(s) and using the
> __section__ stuff, but was not successful as well.

If you try posting the linker script snippet, there might be useful
advice amongst what is thrown at it. ;-)

If you've based your script on one from the avr-gcc install, you could
try __attribute__ ((section(".rel.rodata"))) or another
/* Read-only sections, merged into text segment: */
of your choosing, to see what happens.

Since the .text section lobs in a

. = ALIGN(2);

before it gets serious, misalignment in .rel.rodata is repaired, fixing
your other problem.

If that doesn't do it, we might need to drive this thread a little
further.

Erik