Re: [avr-gcc-list] A couple GCC warnings I would like to understand/ get

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] A couple GCC warnings I would like to understand/ get rid of...
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:21:31 +0100

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:33:38 -0700
"Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden> wrote:

> See attached. No warnings, no errors.

Thanks Eric !

But you have won only half the trophey I am afraid.. you didn't fix the
first warning(s)

> > menu.c:35: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> > menu.c:36: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

... where I initialize a pointer with "&dummy_func"

... so I can only assume that the version of GCC you are using is not
the same as mine (I use 4.2.2), and that your version, probably newer,
considers my pointer initialization acceptable and doesn't find it
worthwhile throwing Warnings ?

Well if GCC finds it acceptable, so shall I then... I will just ignore
these warning until I can upgrade to the latest version of GCC.

--
Vince